Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wander 006 - Yosemite (Hallelujah!)

May 24-27, 2013

My brother and his family camp at Yosemite every year.  They meet up with several other families and have a big 'ol kid-loaded beautiful vacation in paradise.  This is the first time they made the trip in their new trailer (did I mention that my brother bought a trailer too?  He did!  A week before we bought our trailer he bought the exact same trailer in the 24"box), and this year they invited us to join them!

The view from the front window:



Very few words required... I'll mostly let the photos speak for themselves:



Quick happy selfie:


Kiddos playing in the river...







Rock tower building:






Half dome:









Fun back at camp:





Notice my brother's trailer in the background.  Same company and series as ours, just a longer/larger layout:




Roasting marshmallows in the New Orleans souvenirs from Aunt Carrie:


Ahwahnee Hotel (and chocolates!):






Some quiet time to relax by the cold cold cold river:







Enjoying the amazing trails:


Yosemite falls:






Quick lunch break before driving home:





A summary of my favorite memories from this trip:

* Playing Ladder Ball with the Olivia, Theo and Natalie.  Natalie and I were on the same team and she threw an EPIC winning shot right at the end.  
* Ridding my bike with Brian on trails in the midst of some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever EVER seen.
*Enjoying cinnamon apples cooked in the fire.  It's a dessert my mother used to make at our Thanksgiving dessert camp outs and it was a great memory to re-live.
*Laying on a hammock next to Olivia and chatting about boys.
*Walking up to Yosemite falls with my mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment