Sunday, July 20, 2014

Trailerlove - AFTER!

There is no doubt that I have always loved this little trailer of ours.  I have often told Brian that Muffin Danger Bacon is my favorite place to sleep.  However, I have not always loved the delightful floral pattern of the upholstery.  Also, the stock curtains and broken mini blinds left a lot to be desired.  Over the course of the last two years I've slowly been making tweaks and changes.  I've tried to make changes that will improve not only the appearance of the trailer, but also the comfort and functionality.  Today I am very excited to present the BEFORE & AFTER:


The Lounge Before:


The Lounge After:




The maroon motif was so dark, I couldn't handle it.  I wanted patterns and colors that would reflect the fun we would have in the trailer.  The argument could probably be made that the chevron pattern is a little busy, but I think it works well.  It's certainly happy.  I love the blue curtains.  Even when they are closed they let in a lot of cheerful light.  The grommets on the back window allow us to open and close the curtains without them hanging down and getting in the way.  

Kitchen Before:


Kitchen After:


Not a ton of changes here.  I got rid of the mini-blinds and added a blue curtain.  I also added a rack over the sink for wine and martini glasses. 

Bathroom Cabinet Before:


 Bathroom Cabinet After:




It sort of boggles the mind that these bathroom medicine cabinets don't come with any sort of method for keeping the contents in place.  After driving the trailer around the cabinet contents would always fall out when you opened it.  So, I installed elastic bands.  They do a fantastic job of keeping everything in place no matter what.


Bedroom Before:


Bedroom After:


The first change I made was to add a memory foam topper to the bed.  It transformed it from a bed that you could barely sleep a night in into my favorite place to sleep.  Also, since it's only Brian and I sleeping inside the trailer I took out the bunk mattress and put in some storage drawers from Target.  Before leaving for a trip Brian and I just pack a few drawers, pop them in, and we're ready to go.  The only drawback is that the height of the drawers make the space feel a little closed in.  We're considering moving the drawers into the shower (since we never ever ever use the shower).  I will update if we follow through with the change.  



A quick nod to the very first change I made.  The first weekend we had MDB I ripped these sorry a$$ "decorative" curtains out and threw them in the trash.  No regrets.





No comments:

Post a Comment