Monday, February 16, 2015

Wander 015 - Gualala, CA

August 7-11, 2014

Brian may not share my passion, but my favorite campground of all was calling my name.  So, for my birthday I planned a fabulous trip to the Mendicino/Sonoma coast.  However, the typical old birthday celebration would not do.  I wanted competition, costumes and folly.  I invited our good friend's Sarah and Jared to participate in the first annual BCJS Open.  See photos for more details.


Hank enjoyed our first night.  Best weather we've ever had at in Gualala (also the most mosquitos):



The view from Chowder house in Point Arena:





Oops... meant to snap a pic before I ate it.  This is the only place I'll order and devour fish and chips:



Obligatory campsite pic:




The hike:






















Jared starting singing show tunes so loudly that the people down on the beach looked up at us and laughed...



BCJS Opening Ceremonies:



The Trophy: 



The Games:









Closing Ceremonies:









Chillin' at camp:








Moments before they broke the campground wagon:




Love this pic.  Sums up the weekend for me:



Until next year, Mr. Commissioner. 




No comments:

Post a Comment